Friday 4 June 2010

Sock toys and a challenge card

Had my sister Gillian up to stay at the weekend and then her daughter, the lovely Emma came up from Manchester to join her for a couple of days. We were looking at potential care homes for our Mum who is suffering from Alzheimer's and have found a lovely one only a few minutes away from my home so are keeping all fingers and toes crossed that we can get her a place there. Anyway while Gillian was here we had a shot at making some sock toys from a book I had borrowed from the library - these are the results:





Gillian made the Winking Bunny and I did the little Pink Piggy and when Gillian and Emma went back to their respective homes on Wednesday I made the Lucky Cat, I'm sure there will be more to follow very soon - it's quite addictive - I'll be looking for interesting socks whenever I'm shopping now!

After work today I had to make my DT card for the new Scrap the Art challenge. This time our inspiration comes from this photograph by Susan Weller "One-A still life"


My card is a very simple design using an image from Lavinia Stamps, I coloured the background with Distress Inks and spritzed the card with water mixed with Pearl Pigments from Blonde Moments, I used Stickles and a flat-backed gem for a bit of bling. The sentiment is from Stampin Up.


Going to enter this for the Charisma Cardz challenge - Flowers and My Time to Craft challenge - Wild Thing

6 comments:

Chrissie said...

Wonderful card and really cute creatures!
Thanks so much for joining us at MTTC this week!
Chrissie

Gillian said...

Hi Jenni
love the card simple but very effective. Great colour combo.
The sock dolls look good too:0)
Love Gill xx

Linby said...

The sock dolls are such fun, like the bunny (?) with a winking eye. Love the card too, fab colours.
Linbyx

Daniele said...

what cute projects and just loving the card thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs

Leanne said...

WOW This is gorgeous!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

Leanne xx

Michelle H. said...

Love the sock toys!!
They are adorable!!
This card is gorgeous!!
Love the misting!!
The stamp is really pretty and love how you aded the bling!!
Have a blessed day!!