Friday 15 October 2010

Very briefly

Today is a big day - it's the day I finally move my lovely Mum into a great care home only a few minutes away from me. She has been in hospital for nearly six months now and it has been a very trying time for her and for my sisters and me, so I'm looking forward to getting her settled in her own nice room with some of her familiar things around her and the lovely carers to look after her.


So just popping on here very briefly to share a card I made a couple of days ago, I used a Pollycraft stamp and coloured her with Promarkers. My backing papers are from PaperArtsy, the sentiment is Stampin Up and the flowers are from Petaloo.

Challenges I'm entering this for are:
Little Red Wagon - Something Old (my stamp) & something new (my papers)
Sisterhood of Crafters - Bling
Hodge Podge Shop - Distressing
ABC Challenge - F for flowers
A Spoonfull of Sugar - Winter wonderland

13 comments:

Lin said...

Good luck for your Mum hon. How lovely that she is so close to you.

Cute little elf, beautifully coloured.

Lin xx

Unknown said...

Best wishes for your Mom. I went through something similar with my Mom earlier this year. It is tough. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the Hodge Podge Shop! Hope to see you again.
Shelley :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your Mum will soon settle, and it will be brilliant having her so close.
Fabulous card too. xx

Linda said...

What a gorgeous card, thanks for joining the hodge podge challenge
hugs \linda

Carol Ann said...

I like this card he is a really cute character!
I hope all goes well with your Mum's move to the care home. I know it can take them a wee while to settle in so don't be despondent if it doesn't go to plan straight away just give it a few weeks for Mum to settle in.
Hugs
Carol Ann xx

Sheila said...

Stunning card Jenny. I can empathise with your Mum as we had to arrange the same for my MIL and its not easy at all for them or the family. But it will make things easier for you I am sure. Take care, Sheila:)X

Rosanne said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Claire Phillips said...

I hope the move went well for you all! What a lovely card - great image.Cheers Claire x

Darlene said...

Totally ADORABLE!! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood! Hope to see you again next challenge.

Jessica L said...

Hope everything works out well for your mom. Glad you could find a place she would be well cared for. Your card is gorgeous! You colored her beautifully and that DP is lovely! Thanks for joining us at The Hodge Podge Shop. Hope you see you again next week!

Fae said...

Hope your mum settles in soon and that she will be happy in her new room.

Great card, thank you for joining in with the Hodge Podge challenge this week. Fabulous image.

Hugs, Fae

Ms. Jen said...

Good luck hon. Very pretty card. THanks for joining us at the Hodge Podge Shop, we hote to see you again next week.

Distressed Miss said...

Beautiful card. I hope all goes well for you and your mum.
Thanks for joining us at ABC.
Hugs
Clare
x